The Village of Pelham Manor is proud to officially announce the opening of the new town-wide Residential Voluntary Food Scrap Recycling Program and Drop-Off Site. We are proud to be able to offer this service to all Pelham Manor residents and are grateful to our Sister Village for engaging with us in this Inter-Municipal Agreement to provide this service to the community.
ORDER A STARTER KIT: (Starter kits are now available for purchase @ Pelham Manor Village Hall)
What’s included in the $21 starter kit: a 2-gallon countertop pail, a 6-gallon transportation bin and a roll of 3-gallon compostable bags. Starter Kits can be ordered by calling Village Hall at 914-738-8820 or sending email to [email protected] (CASH or CHECK ACCEPTED). Pelham Manor Village Hall is located at 4 Pennfield Place, Pelham, NY.
- If you email us for a kit, please include: name, address, and email.
- How to re-order compostable bags: One roll of 25 3-gallon compostable liners is included in your Starter Kit. Replacement compostable bags/liners can be purchased at local shops including Fairway, DeCiccos, and Wise Hardware or online. NOTE: Bags MUST be BPI Certified Compostable. Look for this symbol:
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1. COLLECT your food scraps in a countertop pail. Although not required, we recommend lining your pail with a compostable bag- please no plastic bags. See FAQs for more information on compostable bags.
2. TRANSFER Most residents will fill the countertop pail with food scraps 3-4 times per week. Therefore, it is suggested that residents utilize the larger storage bin for weekly collection of food scraps. This larger bin can also be used for transportation of food scraps to the Drop-Off Site. Anything that holds around 5-6 gallons and has a lid will work. It is recommended that food storage bins be kept indoors--either in the house or in a garage.
3. BRING your transportation bin to the food drop off site and empty into the large green toters.
Drop-Off Location and Hours: The Food Scrap Recycling Drop-Off Site is accessible 7 days a week in Lot 7 behind Village of Pelham Hall (195 Sparks Avenue) north of the DPW Yard. Enter on Sparks Avenue, then follow signs to the back northwest corner of the lot. Look for the Food Scrap Recycling sign and large green toters
To learn more about food scraps services: